- About e-Registration
- Things you need to know before you get started
← Back to FAQ categories
The Newborn Registration Service is an online service for the birth registration of Ontario newborns. The service was made available across Ontario as of July 2009 with the partnership of the Government of Ontario and the Government of Canada to improve the quality of services for the public. The online service was updated in 2018 to reflect changes in parentage and birth registration laws.
Give yourself at least 30 minutes to complete this application and it must be completed in one session. More time may be needed if there is instruction for additional documentation that you need to go through. Information cannot be saved to your computer. The information entered is collected and retained temporarily until you complete and exit your session or after 30 minutes of inactivity.
In the following situations, additional documents must be completed and provided to the Office of the Registrar General before a birth registration can be completed:
- the child will be given a single name in accordance with the child's traditional culture
- the child was born using a surrogate
- the child was delivered by a person other than a doctor or midwife
- the child is in the care and custody of a person other than the parents
- a parent is unable to certify because of illness or death
To complete the birth registration form, you will need:
- child's date and place of birth
- name of hospital or birthing centre
- name of the child
- sex and birth weight of the child
- parent(s) information including their name, place and date of birth and their age at the time of the child's birth
- name of the doctor or midwife who delivered the child
NOTE: You can only use this service for u
Newborn Registration Service
This online service is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please try again later.
En ce moment, cette service en ligne n'est pas disponible. Nous regrettons tout inconvénient occasionné. Veuillez essayer plus tard.